I'm no longer "pre-employed." I've landed a six month contract position, and I couldn't be happier. It is true that during the darkest days of my career transition, I wondered if this day will ever come. But it has and I am grateful.
I'm grateful to those who sent me notes of encouragement along the way. I'm especially grateful for those who returned my calls and emails when I asked for help or information. I'm grateful for networking friends who passed me a business card, gave me a contact, or sent a job lead. I'm grateful to my job search buddy who reminded me on more than one occasion that God provides for today and not to worry about tomorrow. I'm grateful to friends who didn't know what to say but listened to me, gave me a big bear hug and told me that they loved me and would pray for me. I'm grateful to the girls in my Bible class at my church, who have prayed for me. I'm grateful to my two daughters, who kept me busy and grounded and told me they didn't care what type of work I did as long as I was their mom. I'm grateful to my husband, who put up with my worries, constant need for affirmation and hugs, and sleepless nights as I tossed and turned in my sleep. Most of all, I'm grateful to God, who sustained me and brought me through this.
I'm grateful. And I'm blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment